What Causes a Panic Attack
What is a panic attack? Before understanding panic attack treatment it’s perhaps best to first learn what a panic attack is and what causes it. For, if we can understand the root causes of a problem then we can better equip are selves with the tools to solve the problem. A panic attack is a time period of intense fear felt by the person having the attack. This fear is usually caused by an external event and is often very sudden; the fear felt by this intense event will peak in about ten minutes from onset and then gradually dissipate over a couple of hours. One of the biggest problems surrounding panic attacks is that there are numerous residual effects which are felt by the victim. These residual effects often include a person feeling fear and anxiety in a situation or location where a panic attack had previously occurred. Many panic attack treatments focus themselves on alleviating these anxious and fearful moments from a victims life.
Panic attack victims often report a fear or sense of dying. What many people, who have suffered panic attacks before, will call the experience is it’s like ‘going crazy’, and that it often coincides with the hallucination of having a heart attack or ‘flashing vision’. Other symptoms of a panic attack include:
- Tunnel Vision: Often, those who experience a panic attack will have tunnel vision. Tunnel vision is caused by blood flow leaving the head and going to other parts of the body. This is kind of like a defence mechanism which the body provides.
- Hyperventilation: Caused by heavy breathing, hyperventilation is often one of the major symptoms of someone having a panic attack.
- Numb Sensation: People who suffer panic attacks often report a numb sensation throughout their body. Many scientists studying panic attack treatment believe this is another one of the bodies defence mechanisms.
- Wanting to Leave: Perhaps one of the more notable characteristics of a panic attack is that the victim has a strong urge to flee the scene. It’s almost as if the age old ‘fight or flight’ has kicked in and they believe that leaving the setting of where the panic attack has taken place is the best way to stop it.
Panic Attack Treatments
Understanding the symptoms of a panic attack is one the best places to start when trying to devise the best panic attack treatment for an individual. What’s important to know is that panic attack treatment will differ from patient to patient – each person will have a different set of symptoms and generally each person will have a different set of triggers.
Finding the Best Treatment
Deciding what the best treatment is involves looking at the three main methods of treatment. Over the last couple decades many scientists have devised new ways to cope with panic attack victims. Many of these treatment plans will vary from each patient, but many of them follow an overall foundation that’s based on both the symptoms, as well as the causes of a panic attack. The three main forms of treatment are:
- Breathing Exercises
Breathing Exercises for Panic Attacks:
By and by, one of the best ways to treat panic attacks is through breathing exercises. Breathing exercises are a great form of panic attack treatment because they are very self-explanatory; in other words, breathing exercises are a treatment that everyone can do on their own without the help of an external guide. Many panic attack sufferers will explain how as soon as they feel one of the symptoms of a panic attack that they’ll instantly begin the correct breathing exercises. A few of the best breathing exercises that work well for panic attack treatment are:
- 5-2-5 Count: Using your stomach, inhale for a count of 5 seconds. Then, at your maximal point of inhalation (the point where you feel you can’t breathe in any more) hold your breath for a count of 2 seconds. Then, exhale all the built up air over another count of 5 seconds. This cycle should be repeated twice, followed by 5 cycles of breathing normally. The overall point of this exercise, and why it’s proven to be effective as panic attack treatment, is because it focuses the person on breathing – and the process that pertains to it –instead of focusing on the intense fear and anxiety caused by the panic attack.
- Physical Exercise: Although this isn’t directly a breathing exercise, it is one of the best methods. Doctors suggest working out 30 minutes a day will reduce the onset of panic attacks. It’s more of a natural habit (like sleeping and eating healthy) that tends to lead to a healthier and more ordered mind.
- Paper Bag: Another breathing exercise is to breath into a plastic bag. Doctors warn, though, that breathing into a paper bag is not the best option and can be deadly if done for a long period of time. This is where understanding what set of triggers and symptoms a specific sufferer feels. For instance, panic attack victims who have hyperventilation as one of the consequences of having an attack are usually told by doctors to avoid using a paper bag as a coping mechanism.
Psychotherapies: In Treating Panic Attacks
In the last ten years a consensus has grown that the mix of breathing exercises and psychotherapies is the best kind of treatment. One of the methods surrounding psychotherapy is simply providing a victim with a complete set of knowledge of exactly what a panic attack is. By giving them the knowledge to better understand what they are feeling and experiencing it’s been proven that it will help many panic attack sufferers able to better cope with attacks themselves. This set of knowledge usually includes the best breathing exercises; this allows victims to be adequately prepared for any kind of panic attack in any kind of situation.
Another method of psychotherapies is known as cognitive reassurance. This is a doctor’s way of continually reminding a patient that panic attacks are not deadly by themselves. Panic attacks are merely mental breakdowns that can be subsided with the right kind of practice and understanding.
What is Panic Away?
Panic Away is technique used to stop a panic attack in a matter of seconds, and end the associated feelings of anxiety in just minutes.
Sounds too good to be true? Let’s dig deep and find out how it does what it claims it does
Rather than encouraging a person simply to cope with a panic attack, with deep breathing or distraction, this technique is designed to end the problem entirely.
A person interested in the technique can begin by ordering a free seven-part mini-series, delivered to an email Inbox in the form of online video viewing.
Alternatively, an interested person can order the entire Digital Panic Away Pack, which includes downloaded materials and access to the Panic Away Forum, for just sixty-eight dollars.
The purchase comes with a full guarantee for eight weeks.
A person who prefers physical materials can order the Panic Away Pack in the form of DVDs, CDs, and a book to be delivered directly to the home.
The usual price for the physical materials is one hundred thirty dollars, but it can be purchased now for only ninety-seven dollars with a limited time offer.
Panic Away Product Features:
Notable features include:
- A large assortment of audio testimonials to authenticate the effectiveness of the technique.
- A full refund if the purchaser decides within eight weeks that the technique is not helpful.
- Delivery options that include online downloads, physical materials, and an online forum.
- A starter offer of an entirely free seven-part miniseries about the technique.
This technique offers an entirely new approach to banishing panic attacks, and sufferers can try it with no risk at all.
What Customers Like about Panic Away
The technique is simple, without complex or time-consuming multi-step processes.
The Panic Away technique doesn’t involve hypnosis or NLP.
The technique works within seconds for panic attacks, and within minutes for general anxiety.
The technique works to solve the problem of panic attacks, rather than simply helping the sufferer get through them.
Breaking the cycle of panic attacks and anxiety allows people to return to a normal life.
People who previously felt crippled or constricted by the constraints of their anxiety and panic, now find themselves able to undertake tasks they couldn’t previously have contemplated–like flying or public speaking.
What Customers Dislike about Panic Away
Minor features which some users dislike include the following:
Taking time to read the materials–although CDs and DVDs deliver the majority of the necessary information.
Waiting for the delivery of the physical pack–which can be avoided by ordering online downloads.
The only type of feature which customers seem to dislike is anything that represents a wait-time between ordering and enjoying the benefits of Panic Away.
The core of the Panic Away technique is the idea that the fear of panic attacks itself is the underlying cause of a persistent problem with panic.
The ability to disable a panic attack within seconds robs the attack of its crippling power.
Furthermore, knowing that a panic attack can be stopped in its tracks, relieves the sufferer from fearing the next attack. The cycle itself is broken, lifting the ongoing curse of panic and anxiety.
Follow the link below and get Panic Away today! You’ll be glad you did.
What is a Panic Attack and How to Cure
Panic attacks are unexpected episodes of overwhelming and extreme levels of anxiety and fear. They strike individuals during unpredictable instances without a hint of warning. Treating the first signs and symptoms of a panic disorder is close to impossible as impending doom and a general feeling of failure are simply too extreme and hard to manage.
You may be wondering if there are guaranteed ways on how to cure panic attacks. A panic attack can be brought about by various triggers. This alone points to the fact that there are numerous ways of curing panic attacks for good.
Despite the unpleasant physiological, emotional, and psychological symptoms that an individual experiences during panic attacks, it should be noted that a panic disorder isn’t as serious or fatal as everyone originally thought it was.
Panic Attack Myths
Here are some myths about panic attacks and the truth that the scientific community has made clear about this unusual, but all too common human condition:
• Panic attacks are a sign of a serious mental disorder
A panic attack is categorized as an extreme case of anxiety with an abrupt onset. It is considered to be brief but frightening and dreadful episodes as individuals report a general feeling of losing their minds or dying as a consequence of experiencing panic attacks. Despite extreme anxiety, it does not lead or is caused by cognitive or mental impairment.
The unreasonable sense of fear related to panic attacks IS mostly due to real and actual physiological symptoms. Unlike individuals with mental disorders, patients who experience panic attacks are known to have intact and solid cognitive and mental faculties.
• There is only one treatment plan that can cure panic attacks
There are several strategies on how to stop and cure panic attacks. Since it is advised that patients undergo various forms of management therapy, it is clearly evident that no single medication or drug can cure panic disorder all at once. The perfect treatment plan for panic attacks should be based on careful assessment and observation among patients who experience it occasionally.
There is no “one size fits all” solution or medication on how to stop and cure panic attacks and similar anxiety disorders. One panic attack treatment strategy may work for some while it may be ineffective for another group. With this in mind, it is indeed crucial to look into finding out the exact causes of panic attack among sufferers. Careful analysis and assessment facilitates the formulation of the perfect combination of medical intervention strategies to permanently conquer panic disorder.
• The intake of medications is the only cure to panic attacks
It is already established that the only solid way on how to treat panic attacks is by mixing various strategies at one time. Medication may offer alleviation of physiologic symptoms but drugs clearly do not offer long term relief. If any chronic use of medications can lead to dependency which may even exacerbate panic attack symptoms and intensity.
Medications as a primary means of how to cure panic attacks should only be implemented for a short period of time. The use of medications should be tapered and altogether eliminated when physiological symptoms decrease in intensity during episodes of extreme invitation. This is only made possible when medication is taken in combination with other management therapies such as behavioral modification therapy and implementation of natural panic attack treatment remedies.
How to Cure Panic Attacks in 5 Easy Steps
• Do not rush yourself when treating panic disorder and other anxiety-related conditions
It will take time for an individual to find a cure for his or her panic attack. Accepting the fact that a panic attack can only be solved in time is a great first step that an individual should realize as he or she starts taking the road to recovery.
• Accept the fact that there is no quick fix that can cure panic attacks
The second step on how to cure panic attacks is by recognizing that no single medical intervention can quickly provide the cure or solution to a sufferer. Medications can only do so much as eliminating the physiological symptoms. The root cause of panic difficulties are not directly addressed and treated by medications.
Even cognitive and behavioral modification therapies are used in combination with other management interventions to be effective and potent. It will also take a considerable amount of time before an individual manifests improvements that are brought about psychotherapy and mental conditioning treatment plans.
• Identify your fears and learn to live with them
Panic attacks are caused by neurological and psychological triggers. Although heredity and extreme stress contribute to the development of panic disorder, unreasonable fear and apprehension which strike an individual are still the most common triggers of extreme panic attacks.
In order to get rid of unknown fears, it is found helpful that patients undergo classical conditioning wherein individuals are gradually exposed to panic attack triggers. Being exposed to situations and causes of panic attack will soon alleviate anxiety. Conditioning the mind to face your fear is a great way to alleviate panic attack symptoms in the long run.
• Seek the assistance of medical professionals when needed
It is rather difficult finding ways on how to cure panic attacks. This is why patients are recommended to seek counsel from a medical practitioner first before starting any panic disorder treatment regimen. In this manner, patients will be aware of alternative options on how to cure panic attacks just in case the original plan does not cause any positive effects.
• Try out natural panic attack treatment remedies
Exercise, relaxation techniques, and positive self-talk are just some of the most potent and inexpensive options on how to cure panic attacks. In combination with cognitive and behavioral modification therapies, positive lifestyles changes will truly help in decreasing the frequency and intensity of panic attacks.
Implementing natural panic attack treatments are not only inexpensive but are efficient solutions.